(Photo credits: orpea – )
(AOF) – Orpea increases his losses. The title of manager of nursing homes decreased by more than 13% to 29.12 euros. Mediapart and Investigate Europe today reveal the existence of a structure parallel to Orpea, based in Luxembourg, which has collected 92 million in assets and carried out dubious financial operations. The French Ehpad giant has filed a complaint for “misuse of company assets,” Mediapart reveals.
AOF – MORE INFORMATION
Most important points:
– European number 1 in comprehensive dependency care with more than 116,000 beds and 1,156 institutions in 23 countries, founded in 1989;
– Turnover of €4.3 billion, divided between France-Benelux for 60%, Central Europe for 26%, Eastern Europe for 9%, the Iberian Peninsula and Latin America (Brazil, Chile and Uruguay) for 5% and then China;
– Value creation model based on 4 pillars: investment in people, regularly assessed quality of service, an organization adapted to international development in locations with high purchasing power, 50% ownership of real estate (47% in 2020);
– Shared capital (14.5% for the Canadian pension fund CPPIB and 5% for FFP of the Peugeot family), Philippe Charrier, chairman of the 13-member board of directors, Yves Le Masne as managing director;
– Tight balance sheet with €3.6 billion in equity versus €6.7 billion in net debt, increased by external growth.
– Decentralized operational organization aimed at managing the internationalization of the group present in 23 countries, with management teams by geographical area and harmonization of procedures and controls carried out by the headquarters;
– Innovation strategy to anticipate human vulnerability management:
Open innovation with 108 projects related to care & care, catering & hospitality, construction and processes / university research with almost 30 innovative projects / 100% new construction HQE certified / 5% reduction in energy consumption;
– Environmental roadmap 2023: 100% of tenders including a CSR assessment / 100% of suppliers who have signed the responsible sourcing charter / 100% of new buildings certified as HQE / 5% reduction in energy consumption / 1 er launch of a green loan in March;
– After the acquisition of the buildings of 3 German nursing homes, success of the partnership concluded with Icade Santé in the development in Europe;
– Growth reservoir provided by the 26,000 beds under construction and strengthened by the 6 acquisitions in 1 er semester.
– Recapture of investors after the collapse in valuation following the publication of an essay – Les Fossoyeurs – on the mistreatment of the residents of the retirement homes of the group, the practices of the rear guard and the overwork of employees;
– Share buyback program.
Oncology Supports Laboratory Performance
Oncology generated $163 billion in revenue (out of an industry total of $613 billion) in 2021, an increase of 11.9%, according to GlobalData. Average annual growth has reached 15.4% over the past twenty years. This segment, which is becoming more and more competitive, is dominated by some heavyweights such as MSD (Merck & Co. Inc), Roche, BMS † l † immuno-oncology, the specialty that has been driving this market for ten years, supports the research. GlobalData estimates that this segment could reach 180 billion by 2026. The major players want to strengthen themselves in this niche. Pfizer recently acquired Canadian biotech Trillium Therapeutics for $2.3 billion. After this operation, the American group obtained two promising molecules for the treatment of blood cancer.