WWE SmackDown Orlando, Florida
The commentators are Michael Cole and Pat McAfee.
– Tonight is WWE SmackDown, the blue show begins with the commentators welcoming us. Michael Cole steps into the ring and asks us to welcome Pat McAfee who recently re-signed to WWE. He picks up a microphone and wants to apologize for being absent last week, leaving us Corey Graves for two hours…and Happy Corbin for ten minutes. We take a look at what happened on the last episode of SmackDown.
Pat McAfee takes the mic and says the best thing Corbin has done in WWE is celebrate Shinsuke Nakamura the way he should be celebrated. McAfee knew Corbin long before we did. He had hair, was humble, and loved to learn. Once he set foot in WWE, he became an insufferable bastard who would do anything for a dollar. So at SummerSlam, it’s Pat McAfee’s job to beat up and humiliate him so he becomes a good person. Happy Corbin interrupts him and he is backstage. He says Pat McAfee is too stupid, he needs to go back to the announcement table. Corbin treated him so easily in Las Vegas. He will finish the job at SummerSlam. He might have monkey pox, so he’ll stay away from him for now…
Pat McAfee introduces us to Liv Morgan for the first game of the evening.
Liv Morgan vs. Natalya
At the end of the match, Liv Morgan made her ObLIVion on Natalya, followed by the win.
Winner: Liv Morgan
– After the match, Kayla Braxton stands in the ring to congratulate her, noting that her win was not as quick as Ronda Rousey’s against Natalya last week. Liv Morgan replies that she knows she’ll be the underdog at SummerSlam, but she’s been the underdog all her life. We can call her whatever we want, but after SummerSlam we always call her “SmackDown Champion”!
– Backstage is Megan Morant at Theory. The theory says it’s hard to be him, with great power comes great responsibility. He has many enemies on RAW and SmackDown. He already has Bobby Lashley and Dolph Ziggler on RAW… Paul Heyman shows up and shakes Theory’s hand. He tells her that a cash-in against Roman Reigns would be pointless. If he wants, Theory and Heyman can team up and Heyman can team up with Roman Reigns to set up a title match at a major event.
All he has to do is not cash in at SummerSlam and let him take care of everything. Theory thanks him but assures him that he will cash in on Brock Lesnar of Roman Reigns and become the youngest undisputed champion.
– The music of the Viking Raiders sounds… but it’s new day in disguise! They tell us they are in reality the New Day… Kofi Kingston cuts Xavier Woods and wants to know why Woods looks like a pirate. Woods replies that he is not good with accents. They played Assassin’s Creed on PS5 and they watched all the Thor movies. The (real) Viking Raiders arrive on the scene and the New Day calls them impostors.
The Viking Raiders tell them that once they’re in the ring, the only words they’ll have left will be “crushed” and “broken.” Woods asks if those are the only words they know, maybe they can teach them a few words. The Viking Raiders are approaching the ring, but Jinder Mahal and Shanky are coming from the sides to attack them! The New Day, Jinder Mahal and Shanky head to the ring, while the Viking Raiders return to the stage.
– Backstage, Kayla Braxton is with Ludwig Kaiser and Gunther. Let’s see what happened last week. Braxton asks Gunther why he attacked his teammate. Gunther replies that there is no room for failure, losing is unacceptable, losing has consequences. Kayla Braxton announces that Ludwig Kaiser will face Shinsuke Nakamura next week. Gunther gives Kaiser a Chop.
– Aliyah comes in. Lacey Evans’ turn asking for her music to be revived. Once in the ring, she grabs a microphone and says she may not be the best at it, but we’re clearly no better than her. She served her country and risked her life for Americans. She overcame things that would crush an average American. It has everything one could want. Lacey Evans apologizes to anyone who was offended by her comments and then tells us to fuck off…
– Drew McIntyre comes in for his match against Sheamus. Before the match, Butch goes to pick up the bell and Sheamus goes to stop him. Butch rings the bell… and Ridge Holland is still in the ring with Drew McIntyre.
Drew McIntyre vs. Ridge Holland (accompanied by Sheamus & Butch)
At the end of the match, Drew McIntyre made the White Noise on Ridge Holland, followed by his Claymore Kick on Ridge Holland, after which he was pinned for the win.
Winner: Drew McIntyre
– Theory comes in. Backstage is Megan Morant at Madcap Moss, but Paul Heyman joins them to talk to Moss. He shakes his hand and says that Moss beat up Corbin so hard he hasn’t been seen in weeks. Doing the same at Theory, Heyman heads to Roman Reigns to set up a match against Madcap Moss in the Main Event of a major event. Moss replies that he thinks Paul Heyman is concerned about Theory’s cash-in at SummerSlam…
– A video of the Maximum Male Models will be shown. Next week the 2022 Beachwear collection will be presented with Max Dupri’s sister, Maxxine Dupri!
Theory vs Madcap Moss
At the end of the match, Theory goes after Madcap Moss with his briefcase on ringside. The referee ends the match.
Winner: Madcap Moss – Via Disqualification
– After the competition, Theorie goes on stage. Sami Zayn joins him with a sling on his arm and he asks if he really heard Theory say he’s going to be the next undisputed champion? Theory does not respect the Roman government. And if you don’t respect the Bloodline, there are consequences.
As a representative of the Bloodline, he recommends apologizing now. Theory asks him what he will do with one arm. The Uso’s arrive and Theory goes to ringside, but Madcap Moss picks him up and sends him into the ring post!
– Next week on SmackDown, Brock Lesnar will be back and we’ll have a face-to-face between Liv Morgan and Ronda Rousey!
– Sami Zayn sits at the commentary table for the next match.
Jimmy Uso (joined by Jey Uso) vs. Angelo Dawkins (accompanied by Montez Ford)
At the end of the match, Jimmy Uso accidentally knocks the referee down. Angelo Dawkins attempts a roll-up, but the referee is still on the ground. Jimmy Uso gets up and gives Dawkins a Superkick, followed by the fall, but the referee still doesn’t move. Jimmy Uso goes to the umpire, he turns around and Angelo Dawkins makes a Choke Bomb for him, then the pinfall and the umpire counts to three.
Winner: Angelo Dawkins
– Post-match replay shows Jimmy Uso’s shoulder was not on the ground. Both teams are in the ring and Adam Pearce arrives on the scene. He announces that he has found the perfect man to referee the match at SummerSlam… Jeff Jarrett ! A fight breaks out between the Usos and the Street Profits. The show ends like this.
Photo credit: WWE